Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lots of pain please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lots of pain please help

Can someone please help
i am 27 years old female experiencing pain to the right shoulder blade area off and on since 3 weeks the pain usually starts off as a dull ache then intensifies and becomes burning and stinging in nature and it lasts like 2 days before going. Ok now the right shoulder blade area has stopped hurting a bit noe the left shoulder blade started with the same burning pain what could be wrong. The pain does not stop me from moving my arms i am able to rotate bothe arms with no problem but the shoulder blade are is painful and becomes burning in nature, please help i went to the doctor and he palpated the area didnt see any obvious lumps, he ordered an xray and said nothing was abdnormal please help what could this be?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
This is mainly due to involvement of the rhomboids or trapezius muscle. Please refer to this link for simple exercises you can do.
http://www.pressurepointer.com/trapezius_trigger_points.htm
http://www.pressurepointer.com/Rhomboid_trigger_points.htm

If pain persists consult a chiropractor or an orthopedic or a sports medicine specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Hi thanks for the links to the exercises. I am scheduld to see the doctor on tuesday simply to go over the xray report but he did assure me that all was well on the xray. Do you think i should ask the phsician to do a mri or ct scan on my upper back where the pain is.  

If X-rays are fine, then first consult a chiropractor. If symptoms persist then yes you may need muscle conduction and nerve conduction studies, MRI etc. Get a CPK enzyme test done to rule out any muscle problem.
hi doctornee i did a ck the values were within normal range  at 130 normal ranges between 9-236 on the lab report form so i guess its not muscle problem. i'm just worried . this morning the pain is felt  at the bottom and below the left shoulder blade, more of a dull ache so far no burning sensation felt as yet.
Such symptoms are ocasionally due to a nerve compressed in the cervical area.

The pain "dermatome" for such nerve compression includes the shoulder.

While it could well be a strain of the rhomboid or trapezius muscle let's look at another possible etiology.

The fact you are experiencing the same pain pain on opposite sides tends to suggest a cervical etiology.

A differential diagnosis is simple, and you can do it yourself.

When you are experiencing the pain, lie down on the floor and have someone pull your head upwards along the axis of the spine to separate the cervical vertabrae. This procedure is called "axial traction". This will provide a definitive diagnosis.

If the pain diminishes, the problem is a pinched nerve and the treatment is anti-inflammatories and axial traction several times a day.

The anti-inflammatories are very important. Range-of-motion exerecises will make it worse if this is in fact the problem.

An MRI of the cervical spine generally shows minor spinal stenosis. An x-ray will show "ungotz" meaning nothing.
Hi thanks so much for your advice i will try the exercise and see hwat happens. I am impressed how you understand that i feel the same type of pain on both sides.  Today the pain began in the left shoulder blade bow i am feeling pain in the left arm and left mid back and under arm area any reason for this
Hi last night was horrible i had pain in the upper back area that kinda radiated to my arm the pain is being felt pretty much over the entire upper back and both arms but the pain is felt on either the left side then the right side. like both sides dont hurt at the same time, What could this be
?
A related discussion, back pain in left shoulder blade area was started.