Low Grade Fever, Fatigue, Nausea
okay so this all started on Friday. I was chilling with my girlfriend at home when all of a sudden i felt like i want to pass out, i felt tired, numbed and felt like someone just sucked the energy out of me. So i checked my temperature and i had a low grade fever (37.8). From then i also got some other symptoms such as a slight discomfort in my chest when i breath and also nasuea. I went to a walkin clinic and got my chest checked and he said its clear and its probably a virus. Its now Monday and i still have a low fever (37.2). My temperature is always lower than 37. I also feel like i have nausea and im tired. Could this be a virus as the doc said? Similar thing that happened to me on Friday happened to my girlfriend today but not sure if its the same virus because she was coughing and sneezing but i had no such a symptoms.

Any ideas?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
In all probability you and girlfriend have a viral effect. Take steam, warm fluids, OTC anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and anti-allergics like Claritin. Gargle with warm saline water. You can add a multivitamin to your prescription and plenty of soups. You should be fine in a day or two and your girlfriend in another day or two. If symptoms persist consult a doctor.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

thank you doctor..im still not feeling better but i guess it takes few days for it to pass
the surprising thing is that i dont have any other cold symptoms and i just have a low grade fever, with a burning sensation in my chest when i breath and i feel tired and i also get this feeling my throat sometimes, its like i want to cough but i cant and i feel like im getting a sore throat but i dont...

Thanks for the update!
I think you and your partner should also test for any STD. Another possibility is that you have acidity and gastric reflux. Try OTC omeprazole and antacids. If no relief, then do consult your PCP.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

thank you for the response doc

well from yesterday i havent had a fever and my chest pain is gone. i just have nausea right now. its worse when i wake up and i guess it could be related to my anxiety but not sure. my gf seems fine too.

do you think we should still get checked for STDs? if yes how do you get checked for STDs? do i have to talk to my family doctor? because i have asked me about it few times (Because of my anxiety i always think i have some disease or STDs) but he assured me that i dont have any STDs and i dont need to be checked.

oh and i also forgot to mention that i was tested for hepatitis 6-7 months ago. which was negative
Thanks for keeping me posted!
A STD test can be done at any STD clinic in your neighborhood. Even your doctor can recommend one. It is a simple blood test. You may not have STD but it is good to be cautious. As I had said earlier it could just be a bout of flu. You must also get your blood pressure monitored.
Please discuss this with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!