Low body temperature, shivering, and lower back/side pain
I have had lower back/lower back side pain for the last few days, if I don't take some ibuprofen I can hardly even move at normal pace. Until today, that had been it. I had to leave class early because the medicine had appeared to worn off. I started shivering violently and my fellow classmates did say that my lips and my face turned really white.
I left class early and by the time I drove home I was shivering pretty bad , freezing cold even though it is about 80 degrees today. My face was still pale. Took some more medicine to help and took a shower. The shower seemed to help for a little but I soon began to feel sick. By the time I got out of the shower the medicine kicked in, the pain is lessened but not all the way gone. I am still shivering. My roommate took my temperature 3 times, first time it came out 92, the last two times it came out 94. My normal body temperature is 98.7. Does anyone know what this might be?

Background: I am a 21 year old Caucasian female.
you might want to go get your kidneys checked...
Thank you. I got them checked, ended up being a pretty bad kidney infection.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The lower temperature and shivering could be due to the pain medication. Yes, it could be a kidney infection but if the pain persists despite treatment then other causes will need to be looked into.
There is a chance that you have compression of the spinal nerves in the lumbo-sacral spine region. This can happen due to overuse of the lower back as in work requiring too much of bending, lifting weight, fall on the back, overweight, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc. Poor posture while sleeping, sitting on computers or jobs for a long time, uneven bed, exposure of back to cold air while sleeping can cause a discomfort for a few days.  Take a multivitamin, plenty of fluids, and an OTC analgesic. Apply a local analgesic and apply a heating pad and see if it helps. If this does not help, consult a neurologist. A MRI of the spine will be definitely required and nerve conduction studies may also be needed. The treatment is to remove the compression. You have to discuss the best treatment option with a neurologist, which can range from medication to physiotherapy to traction, lumbar belts, lumbar corsets or even surgery.
Take care!