Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Low grade fever won't go away

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Low grade fever won't go away

I'm sixteen and for the past two weeks I've been suffering from fatigue and a low grade fever.  What is odd is that it is worst on the weekends- I think I might be pushing past it and ignoring it during the week because i have finals.  Last weekend I thought it was just a virus that would sort itself out but this weekend my fever is stuck at about 99.5 and refuses to break, even though I've been taking tylenol and ibprofen.  I'm exhasted and have done nothing but lie in bed for hours at a time.  My mom took me to the doctor and they did bloodwork but all my blood counts are normal- so I don't have mono.  The doctor thought I might have walking pnemonia (pneumonia) but i don't have any throat soreness or swollen glands which are the usual symptoms.  I'm worried!  Help would be great.  
This is a very general symptom so it is not surprising you are having difficulty finding the cause.  Did your doctor blood test you for autoimmune profile?  Conditions such as systemic lupus spring to mind, or ME etc. etc.  Even some gynaecologcial problems can cause this symptom.  Or it could be some lingering virus.  You need to be on the look out for other symptoms that can give you or your doctor a pointer, eg. rash, stiffness in joints, menstrual problems.  The stress of your exams is clearly not helping.  Once your finals are over, take the opportunity to really rest up and eat well and relax.  Wish I could be more help.  Good luck in your exams!
I had surgery TVT done the end of November. Had to be readmitted in the hospital after they found a hematoma when i went to emerg. I was in the hospital for a week. They sent me home with me to follow up every two weeks with my doctor. The hematoma is slowly going away but I have had a low grade fever now for 2 almost three months. Not feeling the best. Has anyone experienced this before?