Low platelet count and heavy clotting during menstruation
If a blood test showed that you have a 94 platelet count, indicating an impairment of some kind in your ability to produce platelets, and with that already being very low, if you are prone to heavy clotting during menstruation, would it be in your best interest, to avoid menstruating at all?  I understand that by administering a different dose of birth control medication, you can stop a woman from menstruating.  Would that prevent her from using what minimal platelets she has left for an unnecessary reason, until her platelet count issue could be resolved.
It's never a good idea to avoid menstruation, no matter what current drugs on the market are capable of doing.  Also, those alternate forms of birth control do not always work right away and can cause spotting and bleeding for the first several months, so it wouldn't really be worth it in this situation.
Va.
Platelets of 94 is only a little low.  If your doctor is not concerned, I wouldn't worry.
always been a little anemic, but last counts were hemo 9.5, white 3.4, and platelets 94.  have an appt with a hemo/oncologist.  no diagnosis yet.  having heart palpitations tho... :(  scouring the internet for all possible reasons for across the board low numbers, that don't involve cancer.  Currently clinging to the fact that I have lost 45 lbs on a nearly vegetarian diet.  Since I didn't replace any B12, it seems I could have compromised my health.