Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Low temperature / Skin on fire / diarrhea /vomiting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

This morning I went through my typical routine: cooked breakfast, drank some cranberry juice and took a 1 day muli-vitamin.   About 15 minutes later I started to get extremely sick and began vomitting.  My entire body felt like it was on severe fire and I couldn't think clearly.  My entire body was looked like it was sun burnt.  I took my temperature and it was 93.7.   I got a little scared and started to try and make my way to the car to get myself to the emergency room.  As I'm trying to get ready my stomach just all of a sudden started to feel better, my skin started to feel better and my body looked it's normal color again.   I took my temp again and it was up to 95.5.  About an hour later I took it again and it was back up to it's normal 98.    However, now I have severe diarrhea and my body feels internally cold.  

I have been taking the same vitamin once a day for almost 2 months now so I would assume I would have experienced this before if it was something in the vitamin I was alergic (allergic) too?   I do not use drugs but I do drink  usually once or twice a week.  

Should I be worried here? My insurance isn't the greatest and since i'm rather close to being back to normal I don't know if I should waste the money and peoples time at an er.   It is sunday though and I can't get to a general practitioner.

Thanks.
If you feel that you need to go to the ER,then just go!Or you can always take the "Watch & See" road.I guess what i'm sayin here is that it's up to you weather or not ya should go to the ER today are try to get an appointment with your PCP tomorrow.
Good luck either way ya choose!!

CC
Did you ever find out what happened? I woke up at 3 am this morning with similar symptoms. I started vomiting and my entire body felt like it was on fire. I had taken a Lexapro right before bed, so I stopped taking that. I plan to call the doc, but curious if you found out the cause...
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Lexapro can cause heart burn and acidity, which can precipitate vomiting in early hours of morning. This can also cause a feeling as if the body is on fire. You should take the medication after proper dinner at night and with a full glass of water. Also you can take antacids or omeprazole with it. However you should talk to your doctor regarding this before bringing about any change to your medicine.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!