Lower left abdominal pain left nut pain and left butt cheek pain
I started having left nut pain then lower left abdominal pain and also left butt cheek pain. It has been going on for three months now. I have been to the er 5 times the urologist twice and a hernia surgeon once. I was told I had epididymitus and was put on doxycline for two weeks after a week the pains came back. I was put on the antibiotics for a month and they did not help. I was told I do not have a hernia. Now they say my infection is gone but I still have all the same pains which vary from dull to sharp. All the doctors think I am making this stuff up and they just look at me wierd. I am worried and would really like to know what is wrong. Please help.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If kidney stones and urinary tract infection are ruled out then MRI of lower spine should be done to rule out nerve compression. What I would like to add is that the nerve compression may be superficial too (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve), that comes from the hip area and gets pinched. This condition is called meralgia paresthetica and is often due to weight gain or wearing tight clothes and belts. Losing some weight or wearing loose clothes and belts often helps relieve the pain/numbness/tingling. Also injection of lignocaine (anesthetic agent) at the site helps.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!