Lower right back pain
I'm 21 and besides lower right back pain I'm otherwise relatively healthy.  The odd thing about the pain in my back is that over the last few weeks it has gotten a lot worse, rather than getting better.  I'm also completely unsure what caused it.  It started as very minor pain that occured off and on about 3 months ago, but around 2-3 weeks back it started getting more regular and the pain much more intense.  When I sit down, my lower right back has a dull, radiating pain that spreads to where my right thigh meets my rear.  If I stay sitting down, this pain gets very intense and sometimes my groin hurts after awhile. My legs feel sort of weak after sitting like this for awhile.  The pain is almost non-existent when I stand up.

My doctor has put me in physical therapy and put me on about 5 different medications since this rolled around.  An X-ray was done but it came back with no conclusive results. But the pain hasn't gotten any better and has infact been getting much worse recently.  The pain is completely on the right side of my body in the lower back, rear and sometimes in the right knee.  It has gotten so bad I can't stay sitting in a chair for more than 10 minutes or so.  My doctor doesn't seem to think it is serious but he admits it is odd that the pain isn't getting better and that its cause is unknown.  Throughout the course of this I've only been able to meet with my actual doctor once for ten minutes, the other appointments have been with his nurse practioners.  I'm sure they are qualified in their own right, but they've done little more than rush me in and out and perscribe me more medication.  

So I guess my question is has this sort of unexplained lower back pain ever happened to anyone else here, and if so how did you resolve it?  Should I be that worried if my doctor isn't taking it seriously?
hi I'm 44yrs of age and have been experiencing lower right side back and hip lower and top part of the thigh,and inter thigh near goin lumpnod, and and right side of the stomach pain for the pass three months,the xray and test came back ok but I still have this pain,and it getting worse
Hi i have kinda the same issues. I have like a revolving pain that goes from my side to my back and legs, i also have numness in my elbows and knees,i usually have a hard time eating in the morning i just feel that im going to throw up, i have been getting head aches, I know that i have at least four kidney stones in my tract. my doctor is just taking guesses now, she hasent given me any thing to help with the pain either. i had h-pylori bacteria but they think it is gone now, frustraion is mounting, depression is emenent, pain is getting worse,
I just recently had the same thing happen to me. I bent over to open something and my back popped. The lower right side. I could not explain how sharp the pain was but it would not let me stand up. I eventually forced myself up and into a chair where I was then rushed to a hospital. He diagnosed it lower back pain and my x-rays showed nothing as well. But it has gotten better only because I layed in the bed for 3 days taking the muscle relaxers and pain killer I was prescribed. If in fact it does get worse my doctor said he would do a mri. He told me I needed to keep it moving and not lay down so much but it did help me to stay in bed for a couple days. But I will get an mri if it does not get better.

I'm a 31 year old male. About a month ago, I started getting lower right back pains--deep pains, which I don't think are muscle-based. The pains come and go, ranging in pain-intensity from 1-9. My urine is fine, as my bowel movements (in the past, I have had pink urine, but this always goes away).

I know I need to go to the doctor, but I'm dreading it. The pain can sometimes get so bad that I can't walk, and cripple from the intensity of it.

I think it is a kidney stone/s. I'm a healthy, average weight male, and have never had anything wrong with me in the past.

Advice?
I am 30 year old female.  I have the exact kind of pain.  It starts in my back mostly on the right side then radiates to my groin, hip, and upper thigh.  It mostly hurts the most when I am sittting down.  When Im standing I can not feel it.  Im concerned if it may be vascular since their is a major vein in my groin area.  Hopefully it is just a pinched nerve or minor back injury.  I have had no success with my doctor.  What should I do?  Some specifics - used to be very athletic - played basketball in college - now 50 lbs overweight - 2 children - teacher - Please help!
I have lower right back pain that started as a dull pain and now is a pain I just cannot get away from. The aleve only takes the edge off slightly. My doctor says it's a muscle spasm and to ice it down for exactly 15 minutes a few times a day. It seems to help and I find relief from the ice for awhile and I can sleep well. The ice helps.
The past several days I have been experiencing severe belching, and for the past few days I have begun to have a twinge in my right lower back that does not hurt to the touch.  It's become increasingly painful. No fever, but extreme problem sleeping the belching affects breathing.
A related discussion, unexplained lower right back pain was started.