Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lower stomach cramps/ extensive bleeding

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have had my menstrual cycle for 2 months now, constantly with an occasional break of 1-3 days.  It is had been fairly heavy, clotting and now this week it us unbelievably heavy soaking through three pads at night.  In May I stopped taking my birth control for 1 month and then have been back on Orthro Tri Low for 2 months again?  The bleeding is also causing severe cramps as well as clotting.  Do you think this is my period trying to regulate itself again or there may be something wrong with me?
Tags: Bleeding
Avatar n tn
No, definitely not and it's a very serious matter.  If you've been bleeding for two months straight as you mention, you should have been at the doctor LONG ago.  I don't suggest waiting for your insurance to kick in.  It's your health.
Avatar n tn
You need to see a doctor immediately.
Avatar n tn
Your period is way too heavy for such an extended time.  I suggest a trip to the local clinic or even the ER ASAP.  You are losing blood too fast for the body to replace.  Make sure you are drinking alot of water and taking iron or eating alot of protein.  If you are having a rapid heart rate,anxiety, stop peeing or reduced need to pee, dizziness, weakness, lack of appatite, exhaustion, or have problems concentrating, go to the ER.  If you are not experiencing these things, go to the clinic or OBGYN, but go to one or the other today. If you have no insurance, you may be able to go to the local County family planning center and get seen for free. They have OBs there and can check you out.  See someone today.
Avatar n tn
I have an appointment on Aug. 3rd and I don't have insurance until August 1st.  What should I do?  You don't think it could be my period trying to regulate itself?
That sounds to me as though you might want to see a doc right away. Once you stop taking birth control, use a condom dont go back to control pills it may cause an unsuspected pregnancy that will lead to a Miscarriage.
I have had a period over one month before went to the Gyno They found a Large cyst and had to Remove it. I would definetly see a Doctor as soon as possible, Though it may not be that serious they could also put you a Medication to stop the bleeding.