Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Lump found in forearm

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lump found in forearm
Seeking advice.  I found a lump in my forearm a little over a week ago.  The lump is located (palm-side up) about 2-3 inches below my elbow (pinky side).  The lump feels like a bb and its tender.  At first there was some swelling, but it appears to have gone down and its not as tender.  Last Saturday I went to an Urgent Care clinic and the PA took an x-ray and she said that the x-ray showed a reaction.  When she tried to explain what "reaction" meant --- it just didn't make sense.  Finally, she just said that there was some irritation.  I'm not sure how an x-ray would show irritation.  I had been using ice, but she told me to switch to heat and take motrin.  I don't know what to think.  As I mentioned, the lump isn't as tender and the swelling has gone down some, but the lump is still there.
A lymph node or lipoma (fatty tissue deposit) are the major causes of soft tissue lumps.  

Obtaining an ultrasound of the lesion can give a more definitive diagnosis.

If there cause is still in question, a referral to a surgeon can be made to consider a biopsy.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com