Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lump in lower left leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lump in lower left leg

Hi i was wondering if anyone can help me, I have had a lump in my lower left leg for 2 years now every now and then it swells up and gives me pain its in the left leg and its about 3 inches above the ankle in a straight line it gets really painful gives me pain in the the bottom of the foot and in the ankle and also this might sound strange but it sometimes feels as if someone is dripping cold water down my leg, does anyone know what this could be.

Thank you very much.
Avatar n tn
I also forgot to mention that the lump is soft it goes down but always comes back up also when i walk up the stairs or over distance my legs get shaky.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
This could either be a large varicose vein or an aneurysm. You need to consult a vascular specialist for this. Any abnormal sensation can usually be explained by ‘restless leg syndrome’. “Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable urge to move them for relief.” You can read more about this on: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/restless_legs/restless_legs.htm
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Avatar n tn
Thank you very much, i don't think it is anything like a clot or anything because it comes and goes.

I spoke to my doctor a few times now she thinks it may be that my achiles heel is swelling up and as refered me to a phsyiotheripist.

Thank you so much again.