Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lump near anus - help!

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lump near anus - help!

I have recently found a small pea-sized lump about 1cm away from the anus on the inside of my right cheek.

I think I may be suffering from Piles, as the actual entrance is quite inflamed (not that much, though) and I have heard that that if probably the veins. (both my parents are heavy piles sufferers - so I assume it's heredity anyway.)

The lump is fairly painful to touch. Not so much that it makes me cringe, but enough to make me know it's there. Sometimes (rarely, though) I can feel it when I sit down for prolonged periods of time.

I think it is normal skin coloured, but it's difficult to aim a mirror down there with all the hair in the way, so I could be wrong.

All I would like to know is if this is a symptom of Piles, or of something worse.

If you need any more info I will be happy to share.

Many regards,
Yes it do sound like piles,go to the doctors so they can confirm it and treat it.
okay thanks!
Sounds like you have a boil. Heat a hot rag and hold to it, to open pores and then put alcohol on it. Do this several times a day and it will bring it to a head.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Without examining the lump, it is difficult to comment what it is. Here is a list of possibilities of what it could be. The lump could be a prolapsed hemorrhoid, a skin tag, a benign rectal tumor, a rectal polyp, a rectal abscess, genital wart or a hematoma. Please consult your doctor for confirmed diagnosis. Since it is painful, it can be a boil, a wart (HPV), or a hemorrhoid or piles.
Hope this helps. Take care!
Okay thanks for the response!

But it sounds like it's probably not something bad like cancer as none of you have even mentioned that word. Phew....

I will go to a doctors soon...

Thanks!
Any chance of it being a thrombosed haemorrhoid?
It's probably a hemorrhoid.
On a slightly unrelated note, how EXACTLY did you find such a lump?
What are you implying O.o

No, I four it while showering. Why?
*found