Lump on Cheek
Hi there,

I have a small lump on my cheek.  It has been present for about 2 months now I think.  The lump appears to be slightly mobile under my skin, and not really noticeable unless I touch it.  It is painless and hard.  I went to the doctor and after a very quick examination he told me it was a benign tumor and if it grew any more, it should be removed.  Is this accurate do you think?  Should I seek a second opinion from a dermatologist?

When I first noticed the lump, I thought it was a spot (acne) and thought nothing of it, but it did not develop a head, or go away.  The lump is prominent in the image because I am pushing it to show it up for the picture.  Thanks for your suggestions!
Hey! YES- go see a Derm right away!  Most likey, because it's hard, it is a cyst ( I have a friend who gets them on his lips every so often- them he gets lido, a stitch in the derm's office and he's on his way!
It prob. isn't cancerous- but why risk your life?  If it's a benign cyst, they'll just make a TINY icision and remove it right there in the office- don't wait for it to become something it shouldn't- you are too important!
Keep in touch and be wll!
Nicole
I def agree with NikoK, go see the Derm straight away.
My ex use to suffer from them as did my cousin, All they do is make a little nik in the spot that it is and pop it out, because if they dont get the sack that it is in out, it will just keep coming back again and again. The longer you leave it the larger it will become. They are not halmful, it is pretty much just a blind pimple that gets hard under the skin and cant come out. Nothing to worry about. But that is if it is a cyst. If it isnt, then it probably what your doctor said, and they will probably take care of it the same way the Derm would.
Take care and let us know how it goes.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A mobile hard lump is generally a neurofibroma (collection of nerve and fibrous tissue) or a lipoma. These are generally harmless. Watch the lump. Do not touch everyday but once in 10-15 days. If the lump increases in size, becomes painful, changes color, bleeds, changes shape or consistency or more similar lumps appear then consult a doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!