Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lump on Inner Thigh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lump on Inner Thigh

So i have just discovered a lump on the upper area of my inner thigh probably about 2 and a half inches from my most sacred of organs.  I haven't had any indiscriminate sex, or anything of the sort for quite sometime so it seems unlikely to be an std, and i do plan to get this checked by a doctor asap.  However, i would like to attempt to get an idea of what i could be dealing with.

Upon arriving home i felt as if i might simply be chaffing.  Upon further inspection i've discovered a bump under the skin.  It could be as simple as an ingrown hair.  it is oval in shape, maybe a half an inch possibly bigger in length.  the area of skin above the bump is red and painful.  the bump itself seems to be located underneath the skin.  it's not rock solid, however, it remains quite firm to the touch.  It is expectedly much more sore to when i attempt to touch it.  I could be wrong but it appears to have grown much larger in size in a short span of time.. maybe 3-4 hours.  starting as maybe a pea, to now what i could only describe as about a pennies size.  there is a very small purplish dot that appears to slightly seperate itself from its red surrounding.  Making me think it could be an ingrown hair.  I just have never had one that was so severe.  any ideas?  any would be appreciated...
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A lump in groin area can be a swollen lymphnode, in response to fungal infection or sweat dermatitis or infection of hair follicles. It can also be an enlarged lymphnode due an infection in foot or private parts or STD. At times it is a cyst too and this can get infected. Consult your PCP for an evaluation. A CT scan can be confirmatory or a fine needle biopsy, and is usually done if clinical examination cannot give a confirmed diagnosis. Treatment can vary from wait and watch to anti-inflammatory along with antibiotics to incision and drainage to excision of the lump. Check for diabetes too as high sugar often results in repeated infection and boils.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!