Lump on jaw
I have a lump on my jaw just below my ear lobe.  It doesn't hurt just looks like I have a gland swollen.  Does anyone have any suggestions to what this might be???  I have an appointment next week to have a CT scan done but was wanting to maybe find some ideas before I have it done.  THank you
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There is a possibility that the lump just below the ear lobe and at the jaw is inflammation of the temperomandibular joint.
To get some relief you can try massaging the sore muscles.  Massaging the muscles does not help every one. Also if the procedure is nor correct, then it can further aggravate the problem. You have to press on muscles to look for sore points. Then massage these points with short strokes. To massage the masseter muscles on each side of your jaw, place your thumb inside your mouth and squeeze the thick muscle in your cheek with your fingers. To massage the jaw muscles inside your mouth, use your index finger to probe and massage these spots.
Moist heat or cold packs on the face, vitamin supplements, or biofeedback are useful for some people. Usually people find a method that brings relief by trial and error. Consult an ENT specialist.
Other possibilities are a lipoma, a cyst, a swollen lymph node, or a neurofibroma or localized collection of nerve and fibrous tissue.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. A fine needle biopsy or a CT scan can tell for sure what the lump is. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Thank you.  I am having a CT scan done soon so I can get an idea of what it really is.  
Take care..