Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lump under armpit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lump under armpit

Hi, Hope you can help. I have found a lump under my left armpit that i noticed about 3 months ago. It does not hurt and is deep in the hollow of my armpit. I have been the doctors and the first doctor said it was a swollen lymph gland and it was probably due to my hormonal changes as i am taking cilest birth control pill for polycystic ovarian syndrome. The doctor told me to come back in a week and i did and she said it had gone smaller however it just feels exactly the same to me, hasnt got any bigger. I am not suffering from any infection and i have no other symptoms such as weight loss etc. I also have what feels like the same thing on the left side of my neck and behind my left ear which i remember have been there for years. I went to another doctor the other day and she said she didnt think it was anything to worry about as i am only young (18) and it feels to her like a swollen gland as it is not really hard. However she has said for peace of mind she is sending me for an ultrasound. I am starting to panic now, does anyone know what it could be, i hope its not cancer.
Tags: lump, armpit
1 Comment
Not to worry! It is important to follow up with ultra sound. If you've had other unchanged lumps for years, chances of the BIG "C" diagnoses are extremely slim.
Relax, do what your Dr tells you. Why is it everytime we find a bump or lump we JUMP?