Lump under skin
My wife has a small hard bump (1/2 cm in diameter, 1/4 of a cm in height) under the skin.  It is situated above and to the right of her left shoulder on the back, almost at the nape of the neck (so between shoulder blade and neck but up high at the nape of the neck).  It is under the skin and can be felt at the nearly same position even if the skin is shifted around (we think it may not be a part of the skin), it feels like it is situated on the muscle under the skin.  She has had it a week and she finds it annoying.  Could you please tell me what you think it is and what we should do?
I should also add that there is no visible mark or inflammation of any sort on the skin.  Her skin is unblemished at that area.  
Is the lump spongy when you press on it or hard and attached to the skin beneath? If it is spongy it could be a lipoma or cyst. If it is hard and attached then it could be a tumor (benign or otherwise).By your description it probably isn't  a tumor. I would get it checked anyway to see what it is. I have a lump that hurts inside the muscle that is at the top shoulder between the shoulder and neck and it is a trigger point and I don't recall the name of it but it is due to repetitive strain. It may be something like that as well. It is best to check on new things to make sure they are not anything to worry about.
my brother had one similar , but they found out that it couldve became cancerous if left alone , see doctor right away
Yes I agree you should get it checked out. I just reread your post and saw it is hard not a soft bump. It can still be benign but it needs to be checked out.
mkh9
we had it checked out by a Doctor, he said it is still too small and early to tell what it is exactly and put it under observation for 2 weeks.