Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lump underneath breast in rib area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lump underneath breast in rib area

I am wondering if anyone else has ever experienced swelling, like a lump/fatty tumor? underneath the left breast on rib area?  I have been experiencing a stinging like feeling and sometimes when I bend it feels like it gets caught in between my ribs and the pain is awful.  I have had x-rays but nothing shows up.  I know something is there and it is bothering me more.  Any input, is appreciated.
-3 Comments
Go to forums. Then Breast issues. Maybe we can help you there.
I have the exact same thing, a lump under my left breast and when i bend it gets caught. My doctor told me that it was a benign fatty tumor called a lipoma. He told me not to worry about unless it was growing or became painful. It seems to be painful. sometimes the pain goes through my breast and out through my back. It also seems to cause discomfort in my diaphram area where my rib attach. I have had now xrays though but am going to ask for one.
Hello there-
I just recieved a CAT scan and Colonoscopy after having same problem- large lump either under or over left 10th rib. Lump appeared last week after full year of strange symptoms. Previous diagnoses of Hyper Thyroid (which is in remission now) in May 2006, and Fibromyalgia (also in May). No trauma or any kind of injury to the ribs. Lump does not hurt and does not move, however the ribs around it to the side do really hurt as they are being stretched out a good inch 1/2. CAT scan and colonoscopy came back normal, X rays did not, show clear enlargment of that 10th rib by something over or under it. Heart has been racing for a month, on average 130 bps at least once for a prolonged period everyday, especially when resting. Legs are weak, falling often, extreme fatigue, nausea and very dizzy. Extreme dizziness has lasted since May, increasing in intensity though. Hot flashes every 20 minutes or so every day. And frequently feel very very cold. Awfully strange to feel this way. I am 24 years old and a mother of one very active toddler. Had a miscarriage of twins three weeks ago, D&C followed. 2nd lump appeared yesterday-11th rib this time. Can someone please tell me what is going on?
Hello everyone... I have had the same symptoms for  almost a year now... pain and swelling starting between the breast and radiating to around the left rib cage to the back... I have had mutiple test(CT X/rays and lab work ) which was all negative... they  says it is Post Herpatic Neuralgia(had shingles  when I was 28 now 51) however I do not feel this is a correct diagnosis feel like it is more like a lipoma.... will follow up with my MD... any comments???
Hello everyone, I have had similiar symptoms for some time now. There is a pain underneath my right breast , armpit  and shoulder that goes through to my back that seems to radiate. I did a mamogram (mammogram) and ultrasound which shows a benign sist in both breast which aare harmless.. My doctor says that it is Fibromyalgia. I got medication for a week now but it does not seem to be working , so I think it is something else.
Any comments?

By ANE
I also Have lumps right under both my breasts on my ribs, they come and go, right now they feel big.my shoulders hurt all the time as well as my upper back and shoulder blades. my lowest rib on both sides kind of pops out and feels really weird...like it shouldn't be so low