Lumps in side
I have two lumps between my ribs and hip on the right side. They seem to be well below the skin. What could they be? Is cancer the only condition that could cause lumps there? One is the size of a plumb the other smaller.

This kind of bump can be a swollen lymph node,a sebaceous cyst or a lipoma.

Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes.Treatment is usually warm compresses,over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like acetaminophen or ibuprofen,antibiotics if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess formation.

Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the uppermost part (infundibulum) of a hair follicle and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.Then antibiotics are needed.

Lipoma is a fatty tumor.They are harmless and go away on their own but can be painful if they grow and press on nearby nerves.

I feel that you should consult a dermatologist and get these bumps evaluated to find out the confirmatory diagnosis out of these three.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.
No, these are deeper than the skin. They are not on the skin. They seem to perhaps be 2 inches deep.  I have pain there most of the time. If I take a deep breath I can feel it or laying on my side at night. During the day there is a small amount of pain present all day. Enough so I take ibruprofen to be comfortable.