Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lung nodules and dirty CPAP
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lung nodules and dirty CPAP

16 months ago, I began a series of CAT scans, all of which revealed multiple lung nodules. Recently, the dry cough has become severe, and I ran a fever, which responded to a Zpak given by my doubtful GP.
I've been using a CPAP since 2000, but have never paid much attention to washing my supplies, nor replacing them in a timely fashion. Nor have I used distilled water in my "heated" humidifier, as that is an added expense. The machines have been replaced a few times though. Now I am wondering if the lung nodules could have been caused by my uncleaned CPAP, which frequently had old and unwashed tubing and masks. Anyone know of an established correlation?  
Also, my brother tells me that the guidelines for replacing masks, tubing, etc. have recently been revised  to shorter periods. Of course insurance companies probably haven't revised anything. Does anyone know anything about that? I can't seem to find info on it.                
Related Discussions
5 Comments
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
My friend's company replaces his CPAP supplies whenever he asks.  They give you instructions on how to keep it clean.  Obviously nobody wants to do it, but there are consequences.  Otherwise they would let you do it the easy way.  Now you have unexplained lung nodules, so you will have to get a biopsy to find out what is going on.  Nobody here can help you.  
Blank
It will be worth the trip.   Get your doctor to get you into the IU Medical Center Pulmonary.   They can help you.
Blank
Any other symptoms that dont seem related?  Chronic headaches, eye pain, stabbing sensations, ankles and feet hurt, muscle and joint pain that moves around, sensativaties to light, sound, smell?   "brain fog", vertigo, fatigue, sometimes feel like you are going to throw up? Sore throat, heart "skips" occasionally, chest pain,   and do you have some "good" days and some "bad" days and does it seem cyclical? .

The lung "nodules" could be a very important clue, but the other symptoms, if they apply, will make a diagnosis much easier.  does your neck hurt and crack.  Any neuropathy in hands, feet?  tingling?  numbness?   On any meds for seemingly unrelated issues?
Blank
5101416_tn?1363627040
A related discussion, CPAP Lung Nodule was started.
Blank
5101416_tn?1363627040
Most of those seemingly unrelated issues you brought up in the CPAP LUNG NODULE THREAD I am experiencing.  What exactly were you referring to?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank