Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lungs hurt when I take a deep breath

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lungs hurt when I take a deep breath

Hello!  I am 46 years old female.  Every morning when I wake up I have a feeling that I cannot take a deep breath.  I have to slowly and gradually breath until I feel like I can breath again or like I can open my lungs freely.  My lungs feel like they are on fire, hot and very dry.  I feel better after I take a shower and can breathe in moist air.  I breathe very shallow at night and I have to prop up on a lot of pillows.  I wake up several times during the night and I toss and turn a lot.  My mouth is very dry and my throat is raw, too. Already, I have been diagnosed with: sarcoidosis (lung, liver), fibromyalgia, osteopenia, chronic cough, high blood pressure (controlled), and severe osteoarthritis.   I just came off an 18 month regimen of prednisone, 10 mg down to completely off.  I also take Effexor XR, Wellbutrin, Lopid, tessalon perle, sonata, robaxin, nexium (for 3 months now), benicar, toprol XR, Ultram, Lyrica, aspirin,  I cannot take NSAIDs anymore due to an acute kidney failure 2 years ago.  I tell you all of the background so you will know all the variables.  I have a sleep study on Mar 1, but I was hoping to hear a suggestion as to what it might be before that.  Thank you.  Loran
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes, getting a sleep study done is a good option to rule out sleep disturbances. However, since you have sarcoidosis and kidney problems, get an X-ray of lung to rule out fluid collection and a heart ECHO to look for failure. Anemia and lung fibrosis too should be ruled out
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Dear doctornee,

Thank you for your response.  I tried to thank you earlier, but I couldn't figure out how to respond to you.  I went to your profile & tried to reply to my own post, but it didn't post.  Anyway, I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my post and to provide a response.  I am anxiously awaiting my sleep study and returning to see my cardiologist.

I tend to panic though, so I'm trying to keep calm and not make mountains out of mole hills.

Thank you again!  
Loran
I know its tough not to panic--but hope for the best!