Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lymph Node...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lymph Node...

Four months ago I found palpable lymph node on the left side of my neck, inch below my jaw bone. It is about size of a kidney bean, firm, but not rock hard, little rubbery, movable. When I head straight, it feels very small. When I bend my neck right, feels larger, about described size. No pain, not visible, no swelling, doesn't grows. My GP said it is normal, I stopped thinking about it. Then my anxiety kicked in. I went to ENT doctor, he examined my neck, and he said that this is submandibular gland and it is there because when we age some of them tend to lower down. I was so nervous. After I left, I figured out that he probably did not feel what I wanted him to feel. I went to another ENT doctor, and he said that this is a normal lymph node. He didn't even wanted to order ultrasound. He told me not to loose my sleep and relax. He also said that could be form my scalp psoriasis. Still looking for reassurance, I went back to my GP, he said the same thing. Run my complete blood panel, everything came back normal. I became obsesses why it is still there because I am scared I have cancer. I live in constant fear. I have itchy throat since couple of weeks (ac?), impacted wisdom teeth that never came up, had some gum problems (didn't floss much for years), psoriasis, chronic stuffed nose, stress at work and school....and lots of anxiety because the lump is still there. My neck feel tense since couple of days and I am not doing well emotionaly. Please tell me what do you think.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Actually your doctors are right. Scalp psoriasis and study nose/sinusitis can cause a submandibular or below the jaw gland to swell. This is body's reaction to fight infection/inflammation.
Watch the lump. Do not touch everyday but once in 10-15 days. If the lump increases in size, becomes painful, changes color, bleeds, changes shape or consistency or more similar lumps appear then immediately consult a doctor. Otherwise please relax and forget about it. It will not cause any harm. Take care!
I think you have  lymph node which is a little swollen. This can happen if you get a little infection like sore throat etc. Nothing to worry about. Lot of people have them . Try to relax and try not to keep worrying about it.
Thank you very much. I calmed down little bit. The nod doesn't show any symptoms you mentioned. However, the node is still there. If i don't touch it compulsively, it is in between 3mm-5mm in size, it is not flat more round and firm, movable. What bothers is that doctors cannot answer why, one ENT says that could be from previous infections, psoriasis etc, and my GP says it is normal size. No one is concerned. No changes since 4-5 months. In the last 3 days I feel a lot of tension in my left side of the neck, even little, very little pain, but I think this is my anxiety because I am so concentrated on this part of my body. Are nodes typically palpable? Am I missing something? Things finally started getting better in my life and now this, doesn't want me to enjoy life. I live in chronic stress due to my anxiety. I also have slightly deviated septum, chronic stuffy nose and usually have 2 major sins/cold/flu infections, like last January (just before i discovered the node) I couldn't treat this one because I flew for 3 weeks business trip.. Is there anything I can do to make the node disappear? How can I calm down and stop thinking about the worse?
Thank you for your answer, but my sore throat is gone, the node still there :-(
Hello Doc. Just wanted to let you know I am much better. The node got little smaller since I stopped touching it as you advised but it is still there. The worst thing now I found another one on the opposite side of my neck. Of course I have been scanning my neck. It is hard to feel and small about 2-3mm, very movable. Is it normal to feel your lymphnodes.??/
???