Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Lymph node pain
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lymph node pain

I have been suffering from lymph node ache/pain for almost 2 months now. It started on the right side of my neck and quickly spread (within 10 days) to other lymph nodes in the neck and then groin. I do not feel anything in the armpits. Currently I have persistent pain/discomfort in the lymph nodes in the neck and groin area. Sometimes the pain/discomfort is like a pinch and goes away in 1-2 seconds (more in the groin area), but mostly I would have a dull ache in one area in the neck ALL day long. The pain is not severe but it creates discomfort and drives me crazy. I think this may be something serious. Never heard about lymph node pain this long. I think nodes are not swollen, at least not to the point which a doctor can notice during examination. The neck ultrasound a month ago was normal. I feel normal and do not have any other complaints. Just maybe the back of my right knee is itchy sometimes. I do not know if there is a connection though. The lymph nodes seem to hurt with touch (sometimes like if I brush my teeth, certain head movements etc.) I feel the need to press them with my fingers. I also noticed recently some swelling in my right hand fingers and little less in my left hand fingers.

I saw an MD (oncologist) for this problem and he requested some test such as CBC,  liever enzym test: ALT, AST, ALP, LDH, and ESR and blood smear. He says he did not see any symptoms of Lymphoma. My ALT level came out high (98) and he thinks I have had a sort of viral infection. But I still do have lymph node discomfort.

Blood Work (everything within normal ranges):

WBC: 7.5
RBC: 4.53
Neutrophils %61
Lymphs %26
Monocyes %7
Eos %5
Basos %1
Platelets 295
Hemoglobin 14.6
MCV 95
MCH 32
Hematocrit 42.5
--
Liver Enzymes

ALT 98 (high, normal 10-40)!!!
AST 31 (normal 15-40)
ALP 63 (normal 40-129)
LDH 208 (normal <225)

ESR 9 (normal <15)

I appreciate your input. I do not experience any fatique, night sweats, weight loss. Thanks.