Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lymph nodes in abdomen?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lymph nodes in abdomen?

Are you supposed to be able to feel lymph nodes in your abdomen or in your upper thighs?  I am very thin, and can feel these little rough "nodules" for lack of a better term under the skin in these areas.  They are painless.  Or is this just muscle tissue?
-2 Comments

You may want to google, "mesenteric lymphadenitis".
I ended up testing neg for the EBV bloodtest last week, but my soreness in my throat ended up becoming soreness in my neck in the front - apparently a swelling thyroid. So now waiting for blood tests for that and an ultrasound which is over a week and a half away.  Also finally got a throat swab done, as the doc said my throat looked red.

Anyway I'll google that term you mentioned, as I have really noticed this lately and I guess was thinking it was normal because I'm so thin, but then you never know.  Even noticed some slight swelling on my inner thigh in one area.

Well I hope they find out what is going on with you. Now I know why you asked me earlier about viruses and how to detect viruses. From what I've read about mesenteric lymphadenitis, which is inflammation of lymph nodes in the stomach area, it is usually caused by viral pathogens.

They finally swabbed my throat - not sure how they test this, do you know?  I suppose it would only find certain viruses, should they exist?  or bacteria.

Whatever is going on, it seems to be hitting me a lot in the glands.

As for the stomach, I've had a lot of bouts of burning pain over the years, all attributed by doctors to IBS.
Lymph nodes in your groin area can be felt, especially in thinner persons.  Abnormalities in size are factors that point to an underlying condition, often a virus/infection of some type.  Inguinal nodes vary in size, some as small as a pea, others as large as an almond.  Lymph nodes larger than 1.5cm are considered abnormal and should be evaluated if unchanged for a period of time.  Localized infection is generally the cause of abnormal size.  Have a doctor evaluate the nodes if you want some reassurance.  Im sure your fine.  

A throat culture checks for bacteria, fungal or viral infections in the throat.

When they find out what is wrong with you, please be sure to let me know.

Good luck !
HI, I HAVE JUST BEEN TO DR AND WAS TOLD HAVE LYMPHADENITIS. I HAVE PAIN AND SWELLING IN NECK, NO FEVER AND NO SORE THROAT. PRESCRIBED AN ANTIBIOTIC BUT STILL NO RELIEF, BUT ONLY HAVE BEEN TAKING ABX FOR 3 DAYS. WOW, JUST WANT THIS TO BE OVER, SO UNCOMFORTABLE AND PAINFUL IN RIGHT SIDE OF NECK. HOPE THE MEDS WORK ..ROBIN
I have been diagnosed with diastasis recti and after ultrasound and seeing a surgeon, was told nothing to worry about.  Unfortunately, it is extremely uncomfortable as the bulge begins high up on my breast bone and I experience shooting pains at certain times.  The bulkiness makes it uncomfortable to sit in a relaxed position.   Is there anything that can be done?