Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Lymphocytes%

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lymphocytes%
I had a pain in my right side, so the Dr. ordered a urinalysis and blood work done.  I got the results back in the mail. the only things in the middle column were my glucose was high at 115, told me to eliminate simple carbs from mydiet.

My lymphocytes are 44.5 on the left hand column on the first page. On the right side under reference range 15-0-48.0 column  same column under units just the % sign. On the second page on the left hand column was Lymphocytes, in the middle 'out of range' column was 3.3  H.  on the right hand column under units 10E3/ul.   On the right side of that under reference range was 1.0-3.0. Was does this mean being as they have different numbers for my lymphocytes?
One value as the percentage value, the other is the absolute number value.

In any case, the value was only minimally abnormal.  It can be repeated in a few weeks to ensure that they aren't rising.  

If there are no further symptoms, it can simply be watched.  Further workup may be necessary if the levels continue to be abnormal, or you develop fevers consistent with abnormal numbers - such as a viral or prolonged illness.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin Pho, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
www.twitter.com/kevinmd
A related discussion, lymphocytes count is 21 was started.