Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
MS or what?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

MS or what?

I have all the symptoms of multiple sclerosis, but mri is negative.  what else could it be?
i have tingling, pressure, (mostly bilateral) some prickling,crawly feelings.   please help!
Have you been tested for Lyme disease? Lyme very closely mimics MS. You would be wise to request a western blot (both IgG and IgM) to be analyzed by a lab specializing in the dx of tick borne diseases. The leader in this area is Igenex in California. Two other labs to consider are Bowen and MDL. Do NOT settle for a "lyme titer" or an "ELISA" test. These are extraordinarily poor as screening instruments (I won't bore you with the details regarding why this is so).

Best of luck to you,
Michele
I agree with Strickly, get a lyme test (IgG and IgM), but done by a lab that tests for all the bands (IgeneX) is one. Insist on this...

I have MS, but after many years found a lyme literate doctor, had a reliable test (IgeneX) and was clinically diagnosed: Lyme Disease!

I'm in treatment and getting better. yes, I  have lesions in both my brain and spinal cord, and have all the "classical" MS symptoms.

There is a great website lymenetdotorg, post this very question under Medical Questions and lots of helpful folks can expand on the good advice Strickly began!

Lyme disease is a horrible disease, but you can get well.

the best,
tory
so you have both lyme disease and ms?  
how do you know your lyme symptoms vs your ms symptoms?  just curious.  i'm going nuts.  i had blood work done friday to test for b-12 and lyme, but i guess they'll only check titer.
i have an appointment aug 7 to talk with a neurologist about a lumbar puncture.  i just need answers.  for some reason i think if i have ms my world is going to end.  i'm only 31 and haven't had children yet and probably won't if i'm diagnosed.  i'm also very active in cycling and hiking.  i've met a few people with ms from both ends of the spectrum, really bad and some who haven't had symptoms in 4 years.
when i saw the neurologist after my negative mri, he did all the in office things with my eyes and reflexes and he pretty much said i don't think you have it.  but i know my body so well and i know something isn't right.  
sorry to vent, but i know my husband don't want to talk about it 24/7.
thanks.
stephrdh