Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
MUSCLE WEAKNESS THAT NEVER WENT AWAY AFTER A COLD
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MUSCLE WEAKNESS THAT NEVER WENT AWAY AFTER A COLD

I had a cold that caused great pain and muscle weakness in my legs, so bad that I had to pull my legs up into bed. The cold is gone but the leg problems are not. Even though the pain is gone the muscle weakness continues. I can not walk a flight of stairs. 1 step is a challenge. If I walk fast I will fall  face first( I got pretty banged up in a parking lot because of this)I have never heard of such a thing and would not have belived it if it had not happened to me. It has been months and its not getting better. Any ideas?
Polly
Related Discussions
6 Comments
Blank

Hi Polly,

Are your symptoms getting any worse ? If so, I would consider asking your physician about Guillain Barre syndrome.

Blank
No, not worse. After I got over the cold, my legs stopped having spazems. But the weakness never left. Right now I am disabled from it. Thanks for your imput, I'm perplexed!

Polly
Blank

Well I would consider asking your physician about GBS --- GBS usually hits people after they have the flu. Symptoms include tingling and muscle weakness.

You've been sick so long... has your physician done blood work on you ? If so, do you have any results ? Did he/she do a cortisol level on you as well ?

Blank
I haven't gone to the doctor yet.Money is an issue, I was hoping it would clear on it's own but I guess not.It sounds like maybe I should take this seriously. Thanks for your help.

Polly
Blank

Hi Polly,

I'm glad you are taking this seriously. Do everything you need to do to get healthy. You may want to call your State Senator and find out if there are any clinics that will give you a discount, etc. But please seek medical attention ASAP.

Best of luck... be sure to let us know what happens, if you can.
Blank
Thank You! I will.

Polly
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979