MY PERIOD IS COMING OUT BROWN/BLACK (and light) AND THEN RED AND HEAVY WHY???
Hi...Im 18 and Ive been having a strange period for the past 2 months... At first it use to come for only 5-7 days and just RED...NOW! It lasts like almost 2 weeks and at first its brown or black and light then it comes out red after a few days and heavy. I don't get any pain, no itching no anything and I haunt checked a doctor because we don't have good doctors here. Can someone explain why this is happening and what I can do to make it normal again...or something? IM NOT OVERWEIGHT OR UNDERWEIGHT...My body is very active and I eat a whole lot. Its really strange.
it might be ; Brown Blood: Old blood. Its been in your uterus a litte longer than it should have been. Still normal

another most common reason of brown blood is through sexual intercourse and irritation of the cervix that causes a little "tear" resulting in brown blood.

those might be some reasons , but u should always try to consult a doctor just to make shure .
r u using birtht control? n are u stressed theres many things  that can cause what ur going through usually its ur hormonmes think back on ahwt u have done differently with ur body lately and try to see what may be causes it. I wish i could be more help but its hard to give  u a straight answer. because i myself have  experienced what ur going through but i had a baby 1 year n a half ago and got on Mirena for birth caontrol which causes those types of periods. but to be safe i think u should go to a d otor just to make sure  its no0thing serious

hope i helped a little
Bittersweet,  it sounds like what you're doing is spotting before your period starts.  

This can be caused by an abnormal drop in progesterone causing you to actually begin your period early.  Often this spotting is brown or black,  appearing to be old blood.  If this is the case it will be a concern when you decide to get pregnant - you may need a little help with additional progesterone to keep the pregnancy.

Another cause is uterine fibroids.  

Spotting in the few days up to a week before your period starts isn't normal - like slight spotting after a period ends,  or occasional spotting mid-cycle during ovulation.  

Spotting at the time before your period begins deserves attention - not immediate probably,  but it's something to mention the next time you have an OB appointment.
I went to a doctor in Trinidad to check it out....She said that its normal and I shouldn't panic. She asked questions like
"Are you stressed"...Yes. Collage exams r around the corner.
"When was the last time you had intercourse".... 3 weeks ago
"Do you train hard".... yes 4 times a week
"Did I change my diet"...... yes i was put on a protein diet by my coach
"How long has this been happening" 2 months now
"Does it have a putrid smell" No... It smells like normal blood
Then she started talking using some really big words..I asked her to translate it to english and she said "Its just old blood...my body is now adapting a different diet and the date of my period might changed also...its normal to spot old blood sometimes but if it still continues after a 2nd cycle from now i must check her again"... THANKS YOU GUYS! :-)