Magnesium deficiency?
My dad has a heart condition and heart meds.  For some time now (but occurring more regularly of late)  he has been suffering from painful, tingly hands and feet, fatigue, loss of balance, dizziness, doesnt sleep well and now anxiety.   All his blood tests check out normal - diabetes, cholesterol.  Im wondering if he is low in magnesium.  How do we check this and will magnesium supplements affect his heart medication.  
It could be due to many things.  His doctor should check him out.  Firstly one thinks of low BP as heart meds do tend to lower your heart rate.  It may have gone a bit too low and the doctor may change his meds.  It could also be his anxiety, or a combination of the two. Check up all the symptoms for anxiety on Google. Enjoy your Dads company and all the best to you both.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You can ask for a serum electrolyte test: sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Imbalance in all these could be the cause. It could also be the side effect of medications. Please consult your dad's cardiologist immediately. Take care!
has he talked this over with hbis physician, my dad has had many heart issues and many different meds have caused different reactions,,,they may need to adjust his meds a little...hope your dad gets to feeling better soon!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.