Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Major twist, Minor Sprain (in ankle)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Major twist, Minor Sprain (in ankle)

I was on a trail run with a group about a week ago and 4 miles into the trail I twisted my right ankle pretty good.  It hurt pretty bad at first, but I was able to walk a mile home with no problems.  I have no swelling, can walk completely fine on it and can even jump up and down.  I have alternated compression and ice and elevated it, also resting it when I am able to (I have a toddler and am a busy mom).  Yesterday after taking 6 days off from running and my ankle having no pain what so ever, I went for a 4 mile run to test it out.  It didn't hurt at all while I was running with the exception of occasional soreness, but nothing major.  When I came home I stretched my achilles tendon and iced my ankle as well as compression for good measure and still had no pain.  When I woke up this morning I still had no pain but as the day progressed the dull soreness came back and when I twist my foot suddenly when I get up I have a quick sharp pain shoot across my foot, but then dissipates.  

I have very faint bruising under my veins that cross over what appears to be the Extensor Digitorum Brevis muscle and it is slightly puffy, not much, but a little bit in the bruised area.

Would this be considered a sprain, and if so how severe?  Everything I have read doesn't fit my profile in terms of the type of pain I have as well as other symptoms, or lack there of.  

I am training for a half marathon that is 4 weeks away and want to make sure my foot is ready to go, but if it isn't anything major I don't want to hault my training either.  Any help would be great, thanks.

Monica
Tags: twist, Ankle, no swelling, bruise on ankle