Mark Under toenail?
In mid-January I noticed a blueish mark under my toenail, I thought it was probably a bruise from hitting my foot against something. I thought it'd just go away eventually, but it hasn't. I'm a bit worried. I googled it last night and everything seems to suggest melanoma. Here's a picture of it: http://i1.minus.com/jbgbqvdMziiPeP.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? I plan on seeing a doctor soon.
Has this mark stayed in the same position all the time?
Or did you notice it moving upwards as the nail was growing?

A kock to the base of your of a nail bed or on the toe will cause a bruising (bleed underneath the nail).   As I remember a toenail takes about 3 months to grow.  If this is a bruise, it will only go as the nail grows and it will then grow out.  

Has this mark moved at all, or stayed in exactly the same place?  As you noticed it in mid-January (I presume this year), then I don't think you have left enough time for it to grow out.  Had it been there since last year's January then I would worry about it.

If it is really bothering you to the exent that it is making you very anxious, then seeing a doctor will put your mind at rest.

All the best

Thanks for the response Jemma. I think it has moved a bit. I will give it some more time, I think googling it is the only thing that made me anxious. It isn't painful or anything.

That sounds great.  If it is moving up the nail, then you obviously knocked it at some point (even months ago) without realising it.  If that's the case, then you have to be patient and wait for it to grow out.  

I wouldn't worry about it at the present time, but do keep an eye on it and if you see that it is not growing out, then get a medical opinion.

I have had bruising on my nails (hands and toes) and they only hurt when the digit gets knocked.  It is not like a bruise that you get on the fleshy parts of your body that hurts every time you press it.  

I have seen Embarrassing Bodies programme so know from that that you can get melonmas anywhere, I don't know much about them.  

If you notice that the mark starts to get bigger or not be growing out, then get it checked out.

Looked at melanoma pictures on the web - gross!

Best wishes