Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Medical Condition or Spiritual Battle?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Medical Condition or Spiritual Battle?

I get sudden pains in my fingertips and I get serious pain in the bottom of my feet.  On my right leg near the pocket area, I can't have metal in the pocket.  If I do have metal in the pocket I get pain in my leg in the area where the metal is.  I was born with flat feet which might be a part of it.  I have been typing a lot at the keyboard which might be a part of it also.   I am about 280 lbs at 5'11".  Ever since my Mom went to heaven on about the anniversary of 9/11/2001, I haven been putting on weight and have not been able to take much off and keep it off.  I worked as a Security Officer at a major airport and spent about 4 months doing a lot of repetive motions and some of them were with a lot of weight (passengers baggage, laptops and so on).  My Father has or had adult onset diabetes  and i'm concerned it might be diabetes but don't want to go to the Veterans Administration.  I feel that If I am diagnosed with diabetes, I'll have a curse for the rest of my life of diabetes.  I have heard a television program that there are people that have overcome diabetes and I believe that this could happen of this is the problem.    Please help me..
I am sorry about your mom. For you, diabetes is a concern. You should really see a doctor for testing. Diabetes is not the curse it once was, as it can be managed with medications and proper diet. Also with being flatfooted, you may be having some issues with pain in your feet that radiate.  You may consider seeing a foot doctor who can prescribe orthotic insoles for you.

Hope you feel better soon.
I agree with whisperwolf, Please see a Dr. diabetes is not a curse but it is not something to play around with . My husbad has it and his mother and a few brothers but his mother lived with it for many years and I watched her do well with it she evon at bithday cake at partys she just watch what she ate for the rest of the day ,But she live a long happy life with it because she took he meds and watched what she ate ,Just as u could do if this is what it is . In ur case there might be something more goring on that might be something simple if u take care of it now but waiting can make it worse so please get checked out ..Let me know how ur doing ....
Well I dont know much about the fingers and feet problem. But good job. After what it seems like you have been thru with the loss of your mother diabetes is a bridge you can conquere. My ten year old daughter has had heart problems since birth. So you go to the doctor and you will be fine. Keep the faith.