Memory loss and confusion at 25?
I'm not sure where to start.  I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor, please help.  Some of the things I've noticed have been going on for a while and seem to be getting worse...My memory.  I am constantly forgetting simple things.  If I dont write it down, I can not remember it.  Just this evening, I was speaking to my mom on the phone and she asked how my daughters dance class was going...this in NO WAY reminded me that today is Friday and dance class starts in an hour.  My daughter missed her class and I didn't even realize it until 3 hours later.  Second, I feel confused a lot. I think this is different than the memory loss...  I'll find myself staring at a wall or standing in the middle of a room because I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing.  I'm just lost, it's scary.  Third, mood swings.  Not pms.  These concern me the least.  

Any suggestions?  I have an unsettling feeling that something is wrong.

25 yr female
no smoke or drink
no drugs
father has thyroid problems
Mother has many problems including bipolar and skitzofrenia (I think these may be drug related tho)?

Thank you,
Danielle
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
After reading through your post, I feel there is a possibility that you have depression. Often hypothyroidism and depression are present together. Please get this assessed by a psychiatrist or a psychologist. Also get your thyroid levels checked. Often treating this treats other problems too.
Hope this helps. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!