Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Meneres desease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Meneres desease

I have been ill for 5 weeks now. Cannot walk a straight line vere over to the right as I feel I am falling. II have tremors and headaches and feel a warm sensation down my right shoulder and face and pain in my shoulder.  I have had an MRI scan that has come back clear. I have now been given tablets by my GP that treats something called meneres desease although I have not yet had an appointment with the ENT registrar to confirm that this is what it is. I have been taking the tablets for 10 days and still feel the same. Checking the interenet it says that attacks an last hours or days but noone has mentioned weeks. Is there anyone who has been diagnosed with the same problem and did it last this long. I am in full time employent and unable to commute t work. I have gone from an active person to a wreck that cannot leave the house by herself.

Any recomendations to help with this problem.
I have something similar but it as not been diagnosed as yet (but I keep hopping it will be one day) it as been quite a while for me but I do hope the doctors find out what you have sooner rather than later. I do understand what you are going through at the moment as I have been in that situation myself, so if you would like to chat about it leave me a message and I'll get back to you. In the meantime try to keep possitive about things because I'm sure you know the alternative won't help.

Four possibilities are there.First is labrynthitis. Labyrinthitis is an inflammatory disorder of the inner ear or labyrinth. Clinically, this condition produces disturbances of balance and hearing to varying degrees and may affect one or both ears.

Second possibility is of Meniere’s disease.It is a disorder of the inner ear that can affect hearing and balance. It is characterized by episodes of dizziness and tinnitus and progressive hearing loss, usually in one ear.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9ni%C3%A8re's_disease

Third possibility is of acoustic neuroma.It is a benign primary intracranial tumor of the myelin-forming cells of the vestibulocochlear nerve (CN VIII).
Fourth possibility is of cerebellar lesions leading to ataxic gait.

I feel that you should consult an otolaryngist and neurologist  and discuss these possibilities with him.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.