Middle of my scalp hurts
Everytime I touch the middle of my scalp I feel pain. It hurts like I have a sore there. I have been feeling this pain in the middle of my scalp for years now. I would like to know why I have this pain and what's the diagnosis for this pain.
hi jennifer
i am just wondering do you wear you hair in tight pony tails or have your hair done tightly daily. if so it could be that your hair is being pulled causing your scalp to bruise.
this often happens to me,
please let me know how you go with your search to find whats wrong
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The pain in the middle of the scalp can be due to several causes like occipital neuralgia, cervical migraine, localized patch of dermatitis or eczema or even dandruff and even due to infection in the underlying bone. Please consult a PCP to begin with and then he can refer you to proper specialist depending on the cause.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!