Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Migraine Headaches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Migraine Headaches

I am 16 years old and I have servere headaches almost eveyday. My pediatrician is mainly a doctor for babies it seems because everytime i see him he just tells me to take ibuprofin and take a nap. This doesnt help me when I have pain so bad I sometime just feel like I want to crawl in a hole and die. I have had to drop out of school becasue I have chronic pain that stops me from doing most everything. I dont even hang out with friends anymore. I have been to specialist doctors and some of them have perscibed meds to me but they have awful side effects and dont do anything for my headaches.

A few years ago I tried smoking pot, and at this time didnt have headaches very often. I smoked with friends maybe once a month and then after a while decided to quit and that was my desision untill a few weeks ago. I was at my friends house when I got a REALLY horid headache and he was like lets smoke a bowl that will make you feel beter. I was somewhat reluctant becasue its one, illegal... and two, i told myself i wasnt goin to smoke anymore. I took a few hits and instantly my headache was gone and it never came back. The narcotics doctors perscribed to me only covered up the pain then when they wore off it was back. Then I would take more medicine and I would get so many other symptoms (side effects) from the meds that I quit taking them. If I can live without going to the ER to feel better then why wouldnt marijuana be an answer. My question is... Would the effects of marijuana be to horible for me is its the only thing I have found that helps? My life is getting rediculous. Help!
It helps your pain but I wouldn't start that. Pain gone bad life ahead trust me, Kali
I had a headache every single day of my life from age 13 to age 34 and had 2-3 migraines a month. Headaches can be caused from many things. Mine was a misdiagnosed thyroid disease. Once I was put on Armour, the headaches went away along with 16 other symptoms. I can't tell you how many MD's I saw. I lived on Excedrin as it was the only aspirin that did anything for me. Get a different MD. Headaches are not normal for someone your age and they can be caused by all sorts of things. Your MD is not listening or doesn't give a hoot.
Hi again. Right now I have no headache... Bliss. Anyways I have seen neurologists and they last one i saw refused to give me any meds becasue she thought i was lying to her. The problem as a teen is that I have had this problem so long that everyone is starting to ignore it as it gets worse and some people think this is my excuse to not go to school. I am on top of this now getting depressed
I think headaches are hormonal.  I started having migraines when I was 12 years old and suffered with them for many years.  Then at the age of 34 I had a hysterectomy and the headaches turned to cluster headaches (the worse kind).  I couldn't take it anymore and went to a neurologist who put me on meds but it took a month to take effect and during that time he put me on oxygen.  The headache would be gone in 15 min.  after taking the oxygen=7%.  Eventually I outgrew the headaches and couldn't tell you how good it is to be free from them.  Please do yourself a favor and stay off the smoking.  By the way smoking regular cigaretts gave me headaches.  Best of luck to you and hope you see a neurologist.  Keep me posted as I really feel for you as I know what it's like.
do you have any bowel issues??  I had chronic migraines for 2 yrs plus nausea.  had to be hospitalized twice for cluster and aura.  I did a colon cleanse and i have not had a headache since.  I am a sufferer of headaches since i was 12.  I have never felt so much better.  Plus now I am on the pill in which i wasnt before or have ever been on and it has taken away my nausea.  Not sure if that is helpful but i dont have headaches or miagraines anymore :)