Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Mild Pain, numbness and pins and needles down left arm hand, leg and fo...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Mild Pain, numbness and pins and needles down left arm hand, leg and foot

I've been having numbness and pins and needles feeling down my left side from my shoulder down to my left foot. It's not really painful, just annoying as I feel my left side's a bit clumpy! I'm 43 and have always been in good health and walk regularly, but this has been going on for about 3 months.
I tend to overdo the salt, and friends and family have commented that I have too much - could this cause the problem.  I'm obviously abit worried as I know strokes and heart attacks etc often start with this symptom. Any advice?  
See a doctor. These are typical neurological symptoms. Nothing to take lightly. Good luck.
I am having the exact same problem...were you able to find a solution to this problem?

Numbness and parasthesia on the left side of the body means that there may be an abnormality in the right side of the brain.It can be a neurological pathology like motor neuron disease,TIA or stroke or autoimmune condition like multiple sclerosis in which the immune system attacks the central nervous system (CNS), leading to demyelination.It can be diagnosed by MRI brain and MRS of the brain.

Other possibilities are vit B12 deficiency,diabetes(already ruled out in your case) , hypothyroidism, hypoparathyroidism or peripheral nerve trauma or compression.

If tingling is there only on the left half of the body,it means a right side pathology of the brain.So I feel that clinical evaluation from a neurologist is necessary to rule it out.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have the same thing, I also have fainted a few times, usually on my menstral cycling, the numbness and tingling is getting worse though.
I have been having a lot of the same symptoms also on my left side, and am also 43. I had some x-rays done through my GP and they showed "Minimal Spondylosis" at L3. I am also to see a neurologist to rule out anything else. I have had numbnes/pins and needles off and on from head to toe on my left side. The other day my left cheek felt numb for about an hour and then it just went away. I haven't had it again since then. Also on occasion the tip of my tongue gets a slight feeling of pins and needles. Most of my numbness and tingling is in the left leg and foot. Sometimes in the left arm and hand. I was hoping my GP would order an MRI instead of the x-ray, but I guess that will be done through the neurologist.  My symptoms started in the left foot and have worked their way up my whole left side. Everyday is different. It can be quite frustrating.
Hi I am nearly 52, reasonable fit but gaining weight. My family have a history of thyroid problems, and angina. I have had some tingling before on the right side but today all of a sudden I had it develop on the left. It started in my foot (most noticible) and I also had it go down my arm to my hand. It felt really strange in my upper arm and now that it is abating I feel like I have muscle fatigue. My friend who is a nurse had me sit down and rest. I have gained weight recently and do have a multi nodula goitre ( I haven't seen anyone to review this in quite a few years). Any suggestions on which way to go medically - I would be a public patient?
These symptoms sound a lot like Peripheral Neuropathy.

I know cause my gran has it and it seemed to affect her pretty quickly..it started with just tingling and pins and needles and then numbness.

Her treatment seems to have worked a bit so she has more strength in her hands now but still struggles to walk.

Its definately neurological, so something to be looked at asap.
I have been having alot of pain in my left arm just down from my shoulder and it does not feel good. I have had an xray done and they say that they cannot find anything.. I am a cancer patient and want to know if this could have anything to do with this.. I have follicular lymphoma.. it bothers me alot this pain in my arm just below my shoulder. top part of left arm..can anyone tell me what this might be.. my mom has ms and diabetes
i have numb toesand burning soles its in my feet and legs and my hands its also very painful i went to a specialist he put me on gabaapentin i take 2400 mg a day if yu tpe in peripheral neuropathy it will tell yu the symptons i got 3 books thro the internet on it   joyce
I am 36, and in good shape, but my diet has been poor, My father has diabetes, and a few years ago my mother had a stroke. Also, I have been on the antibiotic Levaquin for a recurring sinus infection, and I take Advil for headaches. Today I was doing something physical when all at once my left hand and forearm went totally numb and I felt a bit woozy. It went away in about an hour and a half, but it scared the **** out of me, and according to my Yahoo searching, these are among the symptoms of a mini-stroke. I'm going to see a doctor in a few days, but I am confused, since even with a family history, I'm two decades away from the risk zone for strokes. Any knowledgeable advice would be appreciated.
Adidas 35TH Anniversary
adidas adicolor shoes
adidas classic shoes
airmax 360
cheap adidas shoes
cheap nike dunk sb shoes
discount air max 2009
discount puma shoes
cheap nike shoes
cheap nike shox
nike air max
discount ugg boot
cheap ugg boots

MBT Professional Shoes
Discount Fitness MBT Shoes
MBT 2009 Shoes
MBT M.Walk EVA insole
MBT Lami Shoes Black
MBT M.Walk Peachblow Shoes
MBT Lami Birch Shoes
womens MBT Lami Purple Shoes
MBT womens M.Walk shoes
MBT M.Walk Gray Shoes
I have been waking up in the night with severe pins and needles in my left hand and sharp pains running from my left shoulder down to the hand. The hand feels swollen and takes me some time to get the pain to ease. It seems to be getting worse. I have a healthy diet and exercise regularly. I have also noticed the pins and needles in the hand appearing whilst I am training on the cross traine at the gym. What do you think this could be?

April aged 32 years
I have pins and needles in my left leg and its very pain ful for the last 2 years. I have been to the podiatry and physiotherpy and none know the problem. I am also suffering from tiredness and sleepin everytime
i just want to know whats problem is...
My mom just went into the er because of tingling in her left arm and hand, then it went down her left leg and foot. It went away in her leg and foot but stayed in her arm and hand for about 24 hours. The doctors were unable to diagnois her. They told her it could be ms, migraines, or even a mini stroke. She's only 41 and healthy. I was just wondering if anyone had a thought on her condition? She did get a mri which showed 3 spots on her brain but have been there for almost 10 years and was told not to worry about it! I just feel like there's unexperienced doctors here and with no insurance its not easy to go somewhere else!
hI I AM 25 AND HAVE HAD NUMBNESS IN MY LEFT LEG FROM MY FOOT TO MY ANKLE EVERDAY FOR SEVERAL MONTHS IT STOPPED....NOW FOR THE PAST MONTH I HAVE NUMBNESS IN MY LEFT ARM EVERYNIGHT THAT WAKES ME UP FROM MY SHOULDER TO MY FINGERTIPS. LAST NIGHT I WAS HAVING MASSIVE PAIN IN MY HEART AREA FOR SEVERAL MINUTES AND MY WHOLE SHOULDER AND HAND WAS NUMB WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THIS IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE
hi im 26 n im over weight i have this pins and needle problem from 5-6 years , this is not painful but frustrating . as i can all the time feel something on my left shoulder till fingers and left legs to toe i need helppppppppppppp
Hi, im 23yrs old, in healthy condition and excersice regularly, i dont have history of chest pain or shortness of breath, but for the past 8 mths on and off, i have been having pain and numbness from my hip joint down my leg and toes as well as my left arm and at one point i felt the left side of my face numbed but that went away...my leg hurts more when i walk and when im getting to bed and lay down i feel numbness and tinggly on my whole left side of my body... what could this be?
i have recently sarted cycling and during the ride experiance pins and needle my neck is also very tense any suggestions