Mrs
My vitamine D titer is 7, what I would like to know what is the normal range and what cause the body not absorb vitamine D.
Generally, 15ng/ml or higher is reasonably healthy.  Studies are suggesting one should aim for 30ng/ml for optimum  health.

The best oral sources are fatty fish (catfish, sardines, tuna, eel, salmon), whole eggs, cooked beef liver, mushrooms, and cod liver oil.  Exposure to UV light (sunlight!) causes Vitamin D production in the skin.

I read a really interesting article about people with Vitamin D deficiencies because we're actually managing to OVERUSE sunscreen!  Try to snag fifteen minutes of sunlight in the morning every day.  It should increase your vitamin D levels quickly.

Good luck and keep us posted!
I am not sure if it was the same test as i had but I was told it shoukd be in the 30's and if it was the same test that is extremely low,Did they prescribe
any vit d ?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
At 7 it is low. Deficiency of Vit D can result from several causes such as: inadequate intake, inadequate exposure to sunlight, gut disorders such as IBS, Crohn’s disease, malabsorption syndromes and even gastric bypass that limit its absorption, and impaired conversion of vitamin D into active metabolites such as in liver or kidney disorders. Rarely this is a hereditary disorder. Obese individuals who have undergone gastric bypass surgery may become vitamin D deficient without a sufficient intake of this nutrient from food or supplements, since part of the upper small intestine where vitamin D is absorbed is bypassed. Take care!