Mucosa swelling and iron deficiency
When does mucosa swelling in the mouth usually disappear after iron returns to normal level?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Low iron level or anemia is often associated with low albumin level in the blood. This causes water retention and swelling. Once the iron level is built up and so also the albumin level, the swelling goes down as water leaves this area.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you very much for your info.
The albumin level is always normal. Can this be related to specifically iron absorption or any other thing?
Helene
Thanks for the update!
Yes, it can be related to iron. You could be allergic either to the iron salt (not common) or to any other ingredient in the tablet or capsule or syrup that you take. You can change the composition and take another type of iron tablet and see.
Hope this helps. Do consult your doctor. You may need to undergo testing for allergy to certain items used in food. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.