Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Multiple lymph nodes swollen

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Multiple lymph nodes swollen

Hi. I'm beginning to become very concerned. About two weeks ago I noticed a pea sized lump behind my left ear, it doesn't hurt and doesn't really move. It has gotten a little bigger since then. After I found that lump I noticed that I had another one on the back of my head, half on my head and half on my neck. It's about the size of a dime, it has stayed the same. It doesn't hurt or move.
About a week later I was bending down and noticed a lump in the crease of my left leg between the groin and leg. It was the size and shape of a snap pea (the ones in the shell) but that one has gotten much bigger and is really hard.
I have another lump with the same description as the one in the groin on my right arm (the thumb side) where my elbow bends. And one on the left side a little further down on my forearm.

Last week i ended up in the ER because of bad back spasms, it turned out to be a UTI they put me on bactrim for 10 days I am on my last day. At the time I had a drs appointment for the following day about my lymph nodes but they told me to cancel it too see it the bactrim cleared it up. I am on my last day of the medicine and since I have started I have found the nodes on my arm and the groin has grown bigger.

I am just in need of some advice as to where I should start because I do not have insurance and I am a college student.
You need these lymph nodes evaluated within a week as this would be unusual to be related to a UTI. Infections are very possible but not the only cause.
Many students can remain on their parents health plan--is this possible?
Edit: I am a 21 year old female
I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow through the university's health services.
Unfortunately it is not possible for me to be on a parents health plan. I am 100% independent when it comes to things  like this.
It has been a few days since I posted my question and since then a lymph node or something has popped up on my collar bone and the one in the groin area has grown

If infection was a reason for the lymph nodes being swollen wouldn't the bactrim make them grow smaller?
I wanted to thank you for taking your time to answer my question and address my concerns.
I also wanted to add that I was not challenging you by asking about the bactrim, I was just trying to understand better.
A related discussion, pls help me its my throat was started.