Multple lesion confusion
I am a 43 year old women that just received the results of a CT scan that found approx. 6 low attenuation lesions on my liver (the largest is 6mm), one in the upper pole of the left kidney and a 8mm lesion on my pancreas. The report states that they are too small to characterize on a CT scan but are considered to be indeterminate. It is suggested to rescan in 4 months. Should I be concerned that my family doctor is not referring me to a specialist? I could understand one lesion to watch but there are several on different organs!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you have symptoms such as pain abdomen, then yes, this needs to be investigated further for scarring, tuberculosis, cancer and ischemic changes. Yes, it would be better if you could consult a specialist.
Otherwise if the lesions are inconclusive, you need to wait and rescan.
Do discuss this more with your doctor as confirmed advice is not possible on net. Take care!