Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Muscle Twitching on right side of nose to bridge of nose
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Muscle Twitching on right side of nose to bridge of nose

Hello all

About 2 weeks ago i started to get some muscle twitching/tingling and generally annoying feelings on the right side of my nose. Sometimes it comes over the bridge of the nose. If I touch or massage it, it doesnt twitch or tingle. If I stare into a mirror and try to see it happening, it also won't twitch or tingle. If I walk away from the mirror it'll start doing it, maybe once every 3-5 minutes.

It's annoying me to no end. Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I bother a physician.

Thanks
Craig
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
I have been experienced precisely the same symptoms today, and this is probably the fourth or fifth time I've experienced them in about two years (I didn't record any information from prior episodes).  I'm a "twitchy" person in general, and always have been.  What you're experiencing could be from anxiety, caffeine, completely random chaotic events in a bodily system tending towards entropy, or the very earliest stages of some awful neurological disease!  I often find that massaging a place where twitching is occuring, or voluntarily contracting those muscles, will relieve the twitch.  

Perhaps I'm weird, but I love twitches, be they nose, eyelid, calf, thumb, my belly or the top of my hand!
Blank
have you developed any strange cravings, like say, carrots for example? perhaps you were a rabbit in a former life?  (lol)

but seriously....  it could be down to fatigue or stress.  Involuntary spasms can be caused by many factors, including caffeine, certain types of medication, etc.  If it persists or gets worse pop along to your GP.

BTW, I've had a twitchy eye lid for 3 days now but I really think it's down to lack of sleep and exam stress.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank