Muscle spasms in foot
Around November of last year, I started having twitching in my foot. At first, I really didn't think much of it becuase I have had muscle twitches in my feet, hands, and eyelid previously. I figured like all the other times I had twiching it would go away within a week.
In the beginning, it was not painful - rather, more annoying than anything else. But, after a short period of time, my foot became incredibly painful. It got to the point where it was so painful I literally had to drag my foot because I could not walk on it.
i went to an urgent care doctor (I did not have a primary care physician) and he x-rayed my foot, but did not find anything wrong with it. He had a nurse wrap my foot in an ace bandage and made me wear a special sandal. I was also instructed not to stand or walk for long periods of time. I had to do this for 2 weeks. The pain during this time did let up a little.
Once I no longer had to wear the bandage or sandal, the pain came back. I ended up going to a podatrist. My foot was xrayed again and I was told I have a bone growing where one of the joints in my big toe is. He recommended orthotics.  He could not tell me the source of the twitching, just that twitching is caused by having a mini muscle spasm and then the muscle pulls on the tendon. the orthotics helped the pain, but my foot contiunues to twitch 8 months after it started. from what I have seen online, there can be many causes, some of which (diabete, thyroid dysfunction, hepatitis), have already been ruled out through tests. I was hoping maybe someone had some insight as to the cause so the cause can be treated and the twitching in my foot can stop.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.