Muscle weakness and no diagnosis
I was originally diagnosed with ALS, but now no one seems to know what is wrong.  I have had muscle weakness for over 8 years, and use a wheelchair all the time.  I cannot swallow, and have a feeding tube.  My medications for the muscle problems were discontinued by the neuro I saw when we moved recently.  Now I am having increased muscle pain and pseudobulbar affect problems. My face feels like I have a hair tickling it, almost constantly, mostly on the right side.  And the right side of my body is weaker than the left.  I have a clenched jaw, and use botox shots into the masseter muscles for relief.  
I don't know what to do.  An EMG showed no neuro/muscle problem.  Blood tests don't show the root cause.  I am scheduled for an MRI of the head and neck.  
Could it be Lyme?  Hypothyroid? MS?  How do I know even what kind of doctor to see?  Someone please point me in the right direction!
Check out:
http://www.cidpusa.org/
and see if this describes what you have experienced. It says that many people are initially misdiagnosed with ALS.
Thanx...I don't know if it me, because my EMG was normal.  Neuro doc said that I don't have neuropathy.  I will look into it, tho.  Thanx again!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.