Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Muscles twitching in my neck....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Muscles twitching in my neck....

I am under a lot of pressure as my husband, kids and I just moved from Alaska to Kentucky. And I have been told that I have TMJ. I was told this about 5 years ago. Well I started biting down on my jaw (left side only) and now the muscles on jaw and in my neck on my left side twitch. Of course I have the jaw pain and ear pain associated with the biting down on my jaw. But I have never had muscle twitches in my neck. Anyone have any answers? Thank you for the tips in advance:-)
You might try a moist heat wrap.  For your jaw, you might also try ice.  Do you have a night guard or flat planed splint to try to protect your teeth or jaw joint?  And try relaxing your face muscles, letting your jaw go slack and maybe even some massaging.  You might even get the doc to prescribe for short term use if it is really bad some valium to help with the tension.  I have very bad TMJ problems, with arthritis in my jaws.  I use a flat planed splint at night.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The twitching can be due to nerve irritation by too much biting on the jaw. You need to find the sore points on your cheek and jaw. You have to press on muscles to look for sore points. Then massage these points with short strokes. To massage the masseter muscles on each side of your jaw, place your thumb inside your mouth and squeeze the thick muscle in your cheek with your fingers. To massage the jaw muscles inside your mouth, use your index finger to probe and massage these spots.
Moist heat or cold packs on the face, vitamin supplements, or biofeedback are useful for some people. Usually people find a method that brings relief by trial and error.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!