My 11 year old granddaughter passing out for unkown reasons
All her tests have come back negative.  She has been back to school since Sept.7th and as of this past Friday has missed 18 days of school.  She passes out and has to be sent to the hospital by ambulance.  She does not feel the sternum rub or her finger beign pricked.  She is on seizure medicines because in July started with seizures.  Now she just drops and passes out.  They have to send someone with her when she leaves the classroom, she can't ride her bike or go to the park anymore. She seems to be unconsious longer now and sometimes doesn't know who we are when she comes out of it and one time couldn't talk for 2 hours.  When she comes out of these things the first thing out of her mouth is how humgry she is and how bad she has to pee.  When the ambulance gets called for the park, they immediately know it's Lindsay.  When they call a medical emergency over the loud speaker at school, everyone knows it's Lindsay.  She can be sitting at her desk, get really tired and put her head down and then she passes out.  Any suggestions would be appreciated

I am very sorry to hear about this at such a tender age.

For syncope/fainting to occur, either the reticular activating system in the brain needs to lose its blood supply, or both hemispheres of the brain need to be deprived of blood, oxygen, or glucose.

So it can be due to fall in BP, hypoglycemia, dehydration and inadequate electrolytes(sodium and calcium) in the body, postural hypotension, blockage of arteries supplying blood to the brain esp. the carotids,anemia,vasovagal attacks or underlying neurological conditions.

Have you got a CT/MRI head done of your granddaughter?I sincerely advise you to consult a neurologist and discuss the abve possibilities with him.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how Lindsay is doing or if you have any additional queries.

I am so sorry for what your Granddaughter is going through.

It may be totally unrelated, but you may want to check into dysautonomia's.  There is a forum specifically for that on this site and you can also do internet searches.  There are different dysautonomia's but one is Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) and has various symptoms including passing out.

Just a thought.....something to check in to.

I hope you find answers very soon.