My Body Rocks with my Heartbeat
Hi, I have this weird heartbeat thing going on, where for example - now I'm sat typing on here and my whole body is rocking with my heartbeat, I can hear it pretty loud in my ears and feel it in my head. I'm eating well, exercise well etc.
My heartrate is about 90 - 110 bpm.
I take 75mg aspirin each day - is this normal?
I can just feel it all over my body - but making me rock! It's really weird! Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!!!

This sensation of rocking of body with each heartbeat is called palpitations.Causes include anemia,hyperthyroidism, abnormal levels of electrolytes like potassium, magnesium, and calcium,caffeine,tobacco and alcohol intake,stress,heart conditions like narrowing of the coronary arteries, paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardias or Wolfe-Parkinson-White syndrome and medicines like asthma and thyroid medicines.

I feel that a clinical evaluation and investigations like ECG,stress echo,Hb levels,thyroid profile and blood tests measuring the levels of electrolytes are needed in confirming a diagnosis.Pls consult a physician/cardiologist for the same.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing
I feel it too, sometimes, so I know what you're talking about! It is weird...and my thyroid has been on the fritz as of late, but I haven't been formally diagnosed with any thyroid problems since my bloodwork seems to have normalized over time.....I'm glad to know I'm not the only one out there who feels it, though!
Indeed, I get forceful palpitations sometimes.  I sit there and sort of rock a little, and stare down at my chest, watching it sort of... twitch with each beat.  It gets very loud in my ears.  I usually slow my breathing and take very deep breaths, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  However, I've had quite a few blood tests with everything returning normal (I could have sworn I'd have a thyroid problem - but apparently not) but not every test known to man.  Heck, everytime I get my blood pressure taken, I'm told it is a textbook example of a healthy blood pressure.

However, an important factor is anxiety.  I have some anxiety issues.  Anxiety can cause violent palpitations as well.  Do distressing thoughts or worries trigger this, or are you constantly feeling weak against a strong heartbeat that makes you wobble and rock?  Do you ever get chest pains afterwards?

I would take up Kindd's suggestion and get some tests done.  Seeing a cardiologist would be also good, but do keep in mind any psychological symptoms that could attribute to it, or any new stresses tha may have entered into you life.
Hi guys,
Thanks for your replies, I will get it checked out just in case. I had a lot of tests done 2 years ago - for other reasons - and they all came back fine, probably best to give it a go though!
i'm also pleased to know it's not just me!

I don't get chest pains, sometimes I'm a bit lightheaded - but usually when I get up from sitting down.

i do get a bit of anxiety but not lately!  I will go get it checked though, probably worth it!

Will keep you updated!

Thanks!
Hi, would like to hear from you..did you went for check up?
what was the diagonise?

all the best...