My Legs have recently begun going out on Me.
Beginning on FRiday the 13th of Octopber of this year ( 2006 ) My legs began giving out on Me. My upper leg muscles feel very tight and they tighten up and cause extreme pain when I move Either leg. I am in agony trying to stand up, which I can only do with the help of a sofa or if I am sitting on a chair, after getting in odd possitions so I can get My legs under Me. Even then the pain is aweful.
Once I finally do stand up, I can walk with difficulty, but even then My legs buckle, not at the knees but at My upper legs. When that happens it feels like My legs are trying to break, since I am suddenly moving farward trying to support my weight without there help, with there being a bending there ( at the upper legs, not my knees ). I have fallen on My face several times.
Currently, I am stuck in My desk chair while My family is out.
Any idea what could be causing this?
Noone will be home until mid afternoon on the 15th, which, irony at play, is my 32nd birthday. Birthday Hospital Visits are so much fun.....
I am drinking water, haven't touched a cigarette and I am otherwise relaxing so I don't have an excuse to get too stressed.
Besides the falling down part, my biggest worry is that I can't elevate my legs above my head., which comman sense says I should do. I can't physically manage it ( the muscle tightens too much and even using my arms and hands can't do it ) and when I tryed, and finally suceeded, I was ok for perhaps 15 seconds then the pain was too much - then I had the joy of slowly pulling it down - inch by inch.

If I don't go to move my legs - I am fine. No pain at all.
Gosh, it almost sound like you have something pressing on a nerve in your back...that's the only thing I can think of that would cause that kind of pain bilaterally.  I think avoiding a cigarette my be a good idea.  However, a fellow light smoker that I am, when I am stressed or worried, they come in handy.  However, not an excuse at all is it?
To be honest I am not smoking because I am banished from smoking indoors and getting up for it is not worth it =)

When I was a young teen I had a pinched nerve which resulted in both my legs becoming useless for 72 hours, so your comment on what I read as meaning nerve based would be valid.....

Except that nothing even remotely like what I would even remotely see as causing something taward that ( half way, with pain instead of paralysis ) has happened.

Just for conversation sake, I have lost some weight recently, and My blood pressure isn't perfect. Any idea what, taking that into account, may be a cause?
I can't think of other factors at the moment which may be acting taward it...
Hmmm...well you've stumped me.  I've been looking online as well to see what I could come up with.

I would think weight loss would be a good thing if it were done intentionally, ie...trying to lose.  As that would improve a skeletal problem.

Blood pressure related, I wouldn't dare guess.  Are you currently taking BP med's?  Any cholesterol reducing meds?

Neither, actually.
My fiance and I talked on the tele and she is convinced its my heart, but that doesn't seem to make sense to me. I can accept that its the result of being relatively lazy, with the muscles getting less activity then I thought then Me giving them more then I though - but My life it effectively routine.

I can say that Iam as sure as anyone can be on anything that its not a sprain or overactivity.
Don't rule that out just yet.  I laid around (really) all summer due to some health problems and post op complications.  When I finally healed up and started moving around, I experienced severe back pain and pain in my left leg all the way down to the foot.  My foot went entirely numb!  Out of the blue too.  I went back to the doctor...had an MRI---found to discs pressing on a nerve (sciatica) and went into physical therapy for 2 weeks.  Now I am all better, but before could barely move/walk.

Well I hope your fiance is wrong.  I am not too familiar with heart issues, but I've never heard of it affecting your legs like that.  

I am sorry to ramble....I am one of these people that like to try to solve everything or atleast come up with a plan of action.
Thanks for helping =)
Sorry, fell asleep.
Going to Bed. =)
My spelling is aweful I see; Hope it was legible.
Hi...I had no problem reading your post.  I just didn't want you to feel like you were alone.  I have no earthly idea what could cause such a thing either.  Have you done anything out of the ordinary recently?  Maybe lift something the wrong way?

Shawn
Thank you Shawn....
No. I am a stay at home dad, so the most I do is house cleaning and playing with two kids under ten.
After making My post I realized that I did not make it known I am a light smoker ( nearly have quit ), I love soda and I don't move around too terribly much.
Overactivity wouldn't be the cause, but perhaps underactivity?
If I twist in the chair I am in now til I have a knee on the seat, stretch out the other leg and except the fact the pain will get Me teared up, I can get up. But otherwise, I am staying here.
I know a hospital visit is likely in order, I would just like an idea why it came on so suddenly and from what...
I don't blame you as that is quite frightening.  Will someone be home soon?  I do think you should go the ER and get checked out.  I am quite puzzled and concerned for you as well.

I will keep checking in with you to see if you are ok.

Shawn