Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
My blood work is normal, but I still feel sick.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My blood work is normal, but I still feel sick.

I'm sixteen year old girl; I weight 111lbs, and my height is 5'3''.
My doctor called and said my blood work was normal, but I still feel sick. I tested for TSH, T4, CBC (w/ autosomal), and westergren (?).  I don't have a copy, but I believe that's all that was tested. Listed below are the health problems that I continue to have:

- muscle weakness and aching (especially in neck, back, right shoulder)**
- loss of appetite
- upper abdominal pain
- tremors after eating certain foods (last about 7min)
- chronic post nasal drip (mucus thickens w/ certain foods)
- difficulty concentrating
- memory loss (short term), brain fog**
- loss of appetite
- fatigue, lethargy**
- sinus headaches, earaches, dry, painful eyes
- anxiety, depressed mood (occasionally)
- easily startled, jumpy
- easily winded
- upper abdominal pain

I'm a little sleep deprived and stressed from school, but I also had most of these symptoms during the summer when I slept a lot. My aunt also has thalassemia minor, a genetic type of anemia, but again my test came back normal. My mom had some problems with her gallbladder, and I think she got it removed.

My parents aren't very supportive, and my father gloated when my blood test came back normal. I'm very upset that I am still struggling with these symptom. Every doctor is inconclusive. Where can I go from here; I really am in pain.

Suggestions, advice?
Blank
Can you write a little about your diet? I agree, your symptoms sound a lot like food allergies or some other kind of digestive disorder - it's amazing how many symptoms can stem from having your digestion a little out of whack. If you list some specifics about your diet, as well as the "certain foods" that seem to make things worse (you mentioned tremors), then I'll have a little more to go on.

Regards,
Devin