Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
My breath smells like DEATH.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

My breath smells like DEATH.

The last few months I have a serious problem with my breath that I have never experienced before. My breath literally smells like something died inside my mouth. I don’t have any other serious health issues. I brash my teeth every morning and night very carefully and I use mouthwash too. Nothing happens though; the smell of death is still there. I usually eat homemade food that my brother cooks. I am a smoker (1 pack every 3 days) and I know that this can affect my breath smell, but I know hundreds of people who smoke and their breath smells great and not like mine. I am 20 years old. I am afraid to talk to people because my breath stinks, I am afraid to hang out with people in a room because after a while my breath smell is all around the room. I can’t even smell my own breath because it disgusts me. I am desperate and I feel awful. I need some help please. My breath smells so bad that some people stop hanging out with me and some people dropped out of the classes I was in with them, just because of that. Everyone is talking about my deathly breath in my town. Please help me if you can.
Sometimes sleeping with your mouth completly closed can build up bacteria and cause bad breath, but a minty toothpast should be able to fix that. Smoking deffinetly effects your breath if you can i suggest quitting for a whille and see if it helps. Drinking more water and sweat fruits rather than coffe and strong vegies like esparagus could help aswell.
brush ur teeth and stop talkin about these things on here.....nobody breaths smells like the death.just stop keepin spit in ur mouth
first i would like to tell that i admire you that you admit whats wrong (coz yah it's kinda turn off) and i hope you would take this not just an advice but a wake up call for your health. having bad breath doesn't always came from the mouth itself. if you think there's nothing wrong on your teeth, then it might be something much deeper. i mean down there.lets start with your tonsils. tonsillitis can cause bad breath and tonsillitis may cause by certain bacteria or irritations;like cigarette's smoke. as you said you're a smoker and you noticed that why other smokers doesn't have breath like yours? maybe there's something to do with your stomach. empty stomach may also the cause of bad breath. have you wonder why even before you sleep you brush your teeth but then in the morning you have bad breath? aside from your mouth were closed when you sleep that allows for the bacteria to do their thing, your stomach is already hungry. the bacteria that gives foul smell doesn't always comes from the mouth. the most populated bacteria in our body is our gastrointestinal tract since the majority of microbes live in your intestines, most of them aid in digestion; some even produce nutrients such as vitamin K. and the second most is our mouth.The remaining microorganisms congregate in the vaginal and upper respiratory tracts, and on the skin (just for additional info). if its on your tract, try to eat yogurt and kefir it has good digestive bacteria. keep me posted. god bless.
i feel sorry to you. i think you didn't understand the reason why you should be posting something. it should be something that will help not something that will make the person fell ashamed of. look, he already knows it that's why he ask for help.
Thank you all  for your help so far. I will quit smoking and I ll let you know if there is any difference.
I brash my teeth very carefully every morning and night, I use Orabrush Tongue Cleaner for my tongue + mouthwash and I do not keep spit in my mouth, but the smell is still there. Thats why I wrote in this forum. I don't have any medical insurance so I can't go to see a doctor cause I can't afford it. The only way to get information about my problem is the internet and forums like this one.